Built to seat 970, the chapel could accommodate 807 in 1940. When the Doncaster Circuit was divided in 1884, Oxford Place became the head of its own Circuit.
The school was a day school, and any information about it would be welcomed.
Grid Ref SE575026
Reference: The seventeenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1871 page 129
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947