Bridlington Quay

Bridlington Quay, Chapel Street
Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1872
Bridlington Quay, Chapel Street in 1999
Keith Guyler, 1999

Chapel Street Wesleyan chapel in Bridlington was designed by William Botterill, an architect based in Kingston-upon-Hull who was also responsible for the design of a number of Wesleyan chapels in Lincolnshire and the East Riding. Built to seat 940, by 1940 the accommodation was for 876. The chapel was demolished in 2004, so Keith Guyler’s photograph on British Methodist Buildings illustrates the final period in the chapel’s life. Another photograph, and an account of the chapel’s final days may be found here

Grid Ref: TA185667

Reference: The eighteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1872 page 123

Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875

Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *