The church illustrated was designed in 1904 along with an accompanying school and minister’s house by Thomas Acton Lofthouse, a Middlesbrough architect.
At the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 292. It is still in use as a Methodist church.
Grid Ref: NZ172011
Reference: The Building News Vol. 87, 1904, p92
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947