Wesley Methodist Church Broad Street Halifax Yorkshire
This chapel stood in Wesley Court just west of Halifax Town Hall at the corner of Broad Street and Waterhouse Street.
It was built for the Wesleyan Methodists to ease the South Parade Chapel. The cost was £4,000. It was the 2nd Methodist chapel to be built in Halifax.
Details of the organ in the Chapel can be found in the National Pipe Organ Register.
The first sermon was preached on 6th November 1829.
On 17th April 1861, William Rushworth, tailor from Mytholmroyd, was married to Miss Eliza Thomas, of Sowerby, by the Rev G. Mather. This being the first marriage at this chapel, a handsome Bible was presented to the newly-married couple. It closed in 1949.
It was demolished in 1968. It is now a car park for Town Hall staff.
The small street which separates the site from the Town Hall is still known as Wesley Court