Eastbrook Chapel, Bradford

Eastbrook Chapel, Bradford

The Eastbrook Chapel was opened in 1825, after the Kirkgate Chapel was found to be to small for the then congregation.

The people of Bradford were informed of the opening of The Eastbrook Chapel by the following advertisement in the ‘Bradford Courier’ for September 1st 1825

The advertisement read:

Wesleyan Methodist New Chapel East-Brook, Bradford

On Friday, the 2nd day of September, 1825 the above Chapel will be opened for Public Worship, the Rev. Adam Clark,LLD.,F.A.S., will preach the morning at ten, the Rev. Wm. Atherton in the afternoon at half-past two, and the Rev. Jabez Bunting,M.A., in the evening at half-past six.  Also on the following Sunday September 4th, the Rev. Dr. Adam Clarke will preach in the morning at Ten O’clock in the old Chapel, Kirkgate; the Rev David Stoner in the morning at Ten in the New Chapel East-brook,  and in the evening at Six in the Old Chapel; the Rev. Theophilus Lessey in the afternoon at Two in the Old Chapel, and in the evening at Six, in the New Chapel; and Mr. Wm. Dawson in the afternoon at Two in the New Chapel. Collections will be made after each sermon in aid of the Erection of the Chapel.

Arrangements will be made for the accommodation of strangers.

Link to page on Eastbrook Hall which replaced the New Chapel.

Comments about this page

  • The architect was Joseph Botham. Eastbrook Hall, now  closed, was opened on the site in 1903, architect W.J.Morley

    By Colin Dews (14/02/2018)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone