Trinity, Coltman Street was opened in May 1872. Designed by William Botterill, a local architect who was also responsible for the design of a number of Wesleyan chapels in Lincolnshire and the East Riding, it was built in the Decorated Gothic style, in Ancaster stone, and cost £8,000. Soon after it was opened, it was estimated to seat 1195, and this figure rose to 1245 in 1940. The chapel was damaged during World War Two and demolished in 1953, after which the Coltman Street Day Hospital was built on the site.
Grid Ref: TA083285
Reference: The eighteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1872 page 122
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947