The building illustrated was designed by John Wills of Derby, who was a major nonconformist architect of the nineteenth century, designing at least forty chapels for the Connexion.
At the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 392. It is still in use as a Methodist church.
Grid Ref: SE566136
Reference: The twenty-fourth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1878 page 138
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947