The building known as Seacroft Methodist Church has been present in the Seacroft Community since 1874, and is sited close to where John Wesley preached in the open air on the village green. Since 1960 the church has been surrounded by a very large housing estate and has succeeded in providing a Christian presence in the community along with its Anglican neighbours. An extension was built in 1980. A few years ago this was refurbished to enable South Seacroft Friends and Neighbours to share the premises. SSFN provide support and care for elderly people in Seacroft.
In 2009 the first ELFM 24 musicathon took place in the chapel, the beginnings of links with what became Chapel FM ( https://www.chapelfm.co.uk/about ) in 2014. After lots of hard work and fundraising the chapel was refurbished and so began a new phase in the life of the old building. Another 5 years later, in 2019, and Chapel FM now own the whole building and are preparing to refurbish the extension and link the two halves of the premises more fully.