Built to seat 431, at the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 340. It is still in use as a Methodist church.
The drawing of the interior shows a typical Wesleyan chapel of the mid-Nineteentn century, complete with a prominent pulpit and organ. Keith Guyler’s photograph, from British Methodist Buildings, shows that it was still standing proud after 134 years.
Grid Ref: SE395667
Reference: The tenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1864 page 105
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947