Hull, Humber Street, Wesley Wesleyan Methodist Chapel Was built in 1833. It had In 1851 when it provided 200 free and 600 other sittings. The ground plan made in 1853 shows that the chapel was set back from the street behind an enclosed fore court. That the entrance was in the shorter side and was reached via a short flight of steps. A narrow space at the back of the chapel was walled off to provide space for two rooms and there were more rooms in the narrow space between the chapel and the next building. The ground plan made in 1888 shows the building little changed and it was now known as Wesley Hall. The number of sittings had risen to 917 as early as 1873. The chapel had been closed by 1931.
The Yorkshire Returns of the 1851 Census of Religious Worship, ed. John Woolfe, Vol 1 City of York and the East Riding No.414
Ordnance Survey 1:1056 plan of Hull, 1853, sheet 12 reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (Map images website)
Ordnance Survey 1:500 plan of Hull, 1888-9, sheet CCXL 3.22 reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (Map images website)
John Rylands Library University of Manchester Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1931 DDPD2/4
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Hull George Yard Circuit Circuit 1873/ 529