Andrews, Son and Pepper’s chapel of 1869 could seat 560. It stood in Wells Road, and replaced the first Wesleyan chapel of 1834, which still stands (marked with a blue plaque) on the corner of Skipton Road and Bolton Bridge Road.
William Andrews, Thomas Garlick Andrews and Joseph Pepper were a Bradford architectural practice.
In 1903 the congregation had the confidence to commission a new Assembly Hall and Sunday School which was in the latest Arts and Crafts style. A photograph of that building may be seen here
After 100 years in the building illustrated the congregation moved across the road into the Assembly Hall which served as their chapel from 1969 until 1985. This plaque now marks the buildingThey then joined with the URC congregation, in the former Congregationalist church on The Grove photographed by Keith Guyler in 1991, and continue to worship together.
Grid Ref: SE116476
Reference: The fifteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1869 page 119
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947