Crookes, Wesley Hall Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was under construction in 1907. In 1940 the chapel seated 884 people on chairs. There were two schoolrooms and two other rooms. There is a modern extension on the northwest side. It is unusual among Methodist buildings of its time in being octagonal in shape. The architecture is a curious mixture of styles. Features such as the blocky buttresses have a very modern feel while the window tracery harks back to medieval times although here it is under segmental arches, and the decoration on the plaques has an almost baroque appearance. The building continues in use as a Methodist place of worship.
Seed, TA Seed, Norfolk Street Wesleyan Chapel, Sheffield, p274
Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940, No 999
Site visit 14.2.2020