The building illustrated was designed by George B. Ford of Burslem, and built on Chapel Street in 1878, when it was known as Wesley chapel. It is now known as Trinity Methodist Church.
At the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 450.
The chapel is now a listed building and this description of the building gives the full flavour of the interior.
Grid Ref: SK418848
Reference: The twenty-fourth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1878 page 137
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947