Manchester Road Wesleyan Methodist chapel in Walkden Moor was designed in 1864 by George Woodhouse of Bolton. He had an extensive practice, designing at least thirty chapels, as well as the training college at Didsbury and Methodist Central Hall in Manchester.
Throughout its existence it could seat 800. It was closed in 1966.
Grid Ref: SD741029
Reference: The tenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1864 page 110
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947