Cark, Station Road WM Chapel, Lancashire (now Cumbria)

Grid ref SD364763

Cark WM Chapel was erected in 1904. In 1905 it was valued at £1562. In 1940 the chapel had 115 sittings on pews and there was a schoolroom. It was still being used as a Methodist place of worship in 1991 but had been closed and converted to residential use by 2017

Sources

Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM  District property schedules, 1898-1917

Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991

Site visit 2.3.2017

Cark WM Chapel, south and east sides, 2.3.2017
G W Oxley
Cark WM Chapel, north side, 2.3.2017
G W Oxley
Cark WM Chapel, entrance, 2.3.2017
G W Oxley
Cark WM Chapel,dated rainwater head, 2.3.2017
G W Oxley

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone