Dalton in Furness, Beckside/Skegate WM Chapel, Lancashire (now Cumbria)
Grid ref SD233742
Beckside WM Chapel was erected in 1823/8 at a cost of £180. It was soon enlarged to accommodate a large influx of miners from Cornwall and the Isle of Man. In 1851 it provided 160 free and 60 other sittings. It probably closed when the new chapel opened in 1865. It had been sold by 1870. The building is now in residential use.
The National Archives, HO129/486/4/10
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97, Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1862-1877
Carlisle Library, 1A287, JT Franks, Dalton-in-Furness Methodist Church, 1861-1964
Site visit, 23.7.2016