Great Homer Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1838. In 1873 it was reported to have 1141 sittings but by 1931 it had only 850 (all free). This had fallen to 500 in 1940 when there were also two school halls and six other rooms.
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2/417 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1931 (Liverpool Mission Circuit)
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/734 (Liverpool Mission)