The building illustrated was designed C.O. Ellison of Liverpool, and opened in 1866.
It could seat 250, and it is still in use as a Methodist church.
Grid Ref: SD316120
Reference: The twelfth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1866 page 111
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947