This building replaced a previous chapel built on Grosvenor Street in 1886. The foundation stone was laid on 8 July 1908 and the chapel opened on 7 June 1909.
The chapel was designed to seat 700, and the Sunday School hall, 500.
At the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 810. It closed in 2003.
A photo may be found here https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/LAN/Blackpool/RaikesParadeWesleyanMethodist
Born at Rochdale, Herbert Ellis Kelvey (1875-1933) was the son of Henry G. Kelvey, a Wesleyan Minister, and his wife Eliza Ann. He had been articled to a Leicester architect, and practiced in St. Anne’s-on-Sea.
Grid Ref: SD314362
Reference: The Building News Vol.86, 1904 p91
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947