This church was designed in 1898 by the architects Potts, Son and Hennings of Manchester. Edward Potts (1839-1909) was a Methodist, brought up in the UMFC but later very active in his local Wesleyan church. He was an innovative builder of cotton mills, but also designed a number of Methodist chapels. This was one of two illustrated in the same edition of The Building News. Potts lived and died quite close to the site of this church.
The building was described in 1904 as having seating accommodation in pews for 240: at the rear are two small vestries. The external materials are red pressed bricks and Yorkshire stone dressings.
At the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 169, and in 1970 the accommodation was 160 with space for 140 Sunday School scholars in 3 classrooms.
It is still a thriving Methodist church, as can be seen by the website which gives further details of the history of the building
Grid Ref: SJ769997
The Building News Vol. 87, July-Dec. 1904, p 576
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947
Statistical returns Part 2, 1973. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1973