Wesley Chapel, Bagslate was built before 1817, a baptismal register covering 1817 to 1837 being deposited in the National Archives. It was re-opened after extensions on 12 November 1864.
The extended chapel could seat 750, but by the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 684.
Grid Ref: SD867142
Reference: The sixteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1870 page 128
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947