Upper Stanhope Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1826. In 1931 the building had 510 free seats. This figure had fallen to 475 by 1940. There was one school hall and six other rooms.
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2/417 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1931 (Liverpool Mission Circuit)
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/734 (Liverpool Mission)