Opened on 3 July 1879, this chapel could seat 750 according to the 1940 Statistical Returns.
It was demolished 1980, but replaced by a modern church in 1982
William Waddington (1816-1891) had an intensive practice across south Lancashire, specialising in Wesleyan chapels.
Grid Ref: SD903120
Reference: The twenty-fourth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1878 page 140
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947
Architects of Greater Manchester, 1800-1940. Accessed 17 December 2019 https://manchestervictorianarchitects.org.uk/