Ulverston Neville Street Chapel was built in in the gothic style 1901. It was built of grey stone, roughly squared, with yellow sandstone dressings. In 1940 there were 550 sittings on pews in the chapel, a schoolroom and 8 other rooms. By 1980 the sittings had been reduced to 404 and the rooms to six. It continues to be used as a Methodist place of worship.
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Site visit 23.07.2016