Grange over Sands WM Chapel was erected in 1876. In 1940 the chapel had 234 sittings on pews and there was a schoolroom and three other rooms. It continues in use a a Methodist place of worship.
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97, Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1862-1877
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Site visit 15.4.2016