The building illustrated was designed in 1871 by C.O. Ellison of Liverpool.
Originally seating 962, at the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 856. It is still in use as a Methodist church.
Grid Ref: SD656000
Reference: The seventeenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1871 frontispiece.
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947