Lindal in Furness WM Chapel was erected in 1872 at an unknown cost. There were 160 sittings in 1873. In 1940 the chapel had 95 sittings on pews and there was a schoolroom. The number of sittings had risen to 114 by 1980 but the chapel had closed by 1991 and is now in residential use.
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97, Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1862-1877
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
Wesleyan seating returns, 1873
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Site visit 2.3.2027