A ground plan made in 1849 shows Accrington, Union Street Wesleyan Methodist chapel to have been built in an enclosed space on the northeast side of Union Street. The building was set towards the back of the site with a burial ground in front. The two entrances were set towards the sides of the façade, leaving enough room in the corners for stairs to the gallery. The seating was in three blocks with the central block apparently providing a more spacious environment than the side seating. The school building stood on the northwest side of the chapel. The main access from the street passed through an open frontage separated from the burial ground by a wall.
OS 1:1056 plans of Accrington, sheet 1, 1849-51, reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (Map images website)