Northampton, Osborne Road, Kingsthorpe Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Northamptonshire

Northampton, Osborne Road WM chapel, general view,14.6.2019
Northampton, Osborne Road WM chapel, facade,14.6.2019

Osborne Road, Kingsthorpe, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1895. It was built of brick and seated 200 on chairs but had no other rooms. The chapel was probably closed around 1979 when the Welford Road chapel came into use. The building is now used as a Gospel Hall by the Christian Assembly. It was probably they who added the brick porch and perimeter wall.
Sources
Northamptonshire Record Office, NMC12, 13, 14, 453, 454, Gold Street Circuit trust schedules, 1911-1959
Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940, No 680
Kingsthorpe Methodist Chapel website https://kingsthorpemethodist.org.uk
Site visit 14.06.2019

Comments about this page

  • This chapel closed in 1979 along with Central (Regents Square) and Stimpson Avenue/Wellingborough Road chapel. The resources were used to establish Kingsthorpe Methodist Church.

    By Graham Ward (03/12/2019)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *