Holcot Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1814. In 1851 it provided 58 free and 200 other sittings. By 1873 this had fallen to 149. In 1940 the seating capacity was down to 146 in pews and there was also a schoolroom. The chapel was still being used as a Methodist place of worship in 1959 but was later closed and is now in residential use.
The National Archives HO129/170/50 1851 ecclesiastical census
Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1873 No 69