Daventry Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1824 (images 1-3). In 1941 in addition to the chapel there was a school hall (image 4) and three other rooms.
In 1851 it had 200 free and 370 other sittings 570 in all. This had fallen to 487 by 1873 and 460 by 1891. It had risen to 500 by 1911 and was still at that level until 1941 when all the sittings were reported to be in pews.
The chapel probably closed when a new chapel opened in Lodge Road/Eastern Way. The chapel itself is now used as a bar and lounge and the other buildings as a volunteer centre
The National Archives,1851 ecclesiastical census HO129/169 (Daventry Union)John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1873/71, 1881/99, 1891/111, 1901/108, 1911/103, 1931/106 (Daventry Circuit)John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson, Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940 No 683
Site visit 10.5.2019