Naseby Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1826. In 1851 it provided 130 free and 170 other sittings. In 1873 the Chapel provided seating for 208 persons. From 1881 to 1911 this figure fluctuated between 240 and 250. By 1931 it had fallen to 180. In that year it was reported that the chapel had had a gallery. The increase after 1873 and decrease after 1911 could be explained by its insertion and subsequent removal. It was also reported that the density of seating had been reduced and that in 1921 the seating had been reduced to accommodate “a most beautiful pulpit and organ case”. By 1940 the seating had been further reduced to 150 in pews. The chapel measured 47 feet by 20 feet and the school hall 27 feet by 19 feet there was and 1 other room.
TNA HO220.127.116.11 Ecclesiastical census, 1851(Brixworthi Union)
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1881104/, 1891/117, 1901/114, 1911/119
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2Wesleyan Accommodation returns, 1931/385
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD1Methodist Accommodation returns, 1940/688