Rothwell, Well Lane Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Northamptonshire
Rothwell, Well Lane Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built of ironstone in 1833. A brick extension was added at a later date. The original chapel was probably the hall reported in 1940 to measure 52 feet by 37 feet. In 1851 it provided 100 free and 160 other sittings. In 1873 there were 274 sittings. After the Market Hill chapel was opened in 1899 this building was used as a Sunday school. It was subsequently closed and is now used by army cadets and a neighbouring business.
The National Archives,1851 ecclesiastical census TNA HO129/172/2/5/1
Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1873/76, 1881/103, 1891/116
OS 25 inch sheet XXIV 8 1884, 1899, 1924
Site visit 28.04 2018