Rothwell, Market Hill Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Northamptonshire
Rothwell, Market Hill Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built of brick and stone in 1899. The architects were Gotch and Saunders of Kettering and the main contractor Mr F Barlow JP. The façade was to be of Weldon stone and the remainder of the building of Brick. It was expected to cost £2000 plus £200 for an organ. From 1901 to 1931 it seated 410-420 people. In 1940 the accommodation consisted of a chapel which measured 75 feet by 34 feet and seated 380 in pews and had a gallery 34 feet by 13½ seating a further 100, a hall (probably the old Well Lane chapel) measuring 52 feet by 37 feet, and 12 classrooms or vestries. It continues to be used as a Methodist place of worship.
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places,, 1901/113, 1911/108, 1931/111
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/687
Northampton Mercury, 26.5.1899
OS 25inch sheet XXIV 8 1884, 1899, 1924
Site visit 28.04 2018