Desborough, Victoria Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was designed by Messrs Gotch and Saunders of Kettering. The site cost £130 and buildings about £1200. The main contractor was Messrs Dawkins and the pews were provided by Mr Barlow. The stone laying was on Whit Sunday and the brick built chapel opened in September 1894. It had seating for 373 in pews in 1940.
The school building was added in 1896. There were 3 schoolrooms and 3 other rooms. It was later closed and is now used as a place of worship by Roman Catholics.
The Northampton Mercury, 21.9.1894
Methodist Chapel returns, 1940, p162
OS 25inch sheet XXIV 3 1924
Site visit 28.04.2018