Corby, Chapel Lane Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, (Grid ref SP897890)

Corby Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1847. In 1851 it provided 100 free and 56 other sittings. From1873 to 1911, 138 sittings were reported but this had fallen to 100 by 1931. During the 1930s this building was replaced by Rockingham Road Methodist Chapel, qv. The area has since been cleared and is now occupied by housing.

Sources
The National Archives, HO129/172 3.8.11 1851, Ecclesiastical Census
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1873/76, 1881/103, 1891/115, 1901/113, 1911/108, 1931/111
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places,, 1931/111
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/687
Site visit 7.7.2021

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *