Thurlby Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (ii), Lincolnshire

01 Thurlby WM Chapel, facade, 21.8.2020
01 Thurlby WM Chapel, facade, 21.8.2020
02 Thurlby WM Chapel, side view, 21.8.2020
02 Thurlby WM Chapel, side view, 21.8.2020
03 Thurlby WM Chapel, modern hall, 21.8.2020
03 Thurlby WM Chapel, modern hall, 21.8.2020
04 Thurlby WM Chapel, 2015 entrance, 21.8.2020
04 Thurlby WM Chapel, 2015 entrance, 21.8.2020

Thurlby Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (ii) was built in 1912. In 1941 the chapel seated 200 in pews and there was a schoolroom and two other rooms. A large rear extension was added c.1960 and a new entrance serving both the chapel and the other rooms was added in 2015. The building continues to be used as a Methodist place of worship. It is situated on a corner site on the north side of the High Street (grid ref TF098169)
Sources
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson, Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940 No 726 (Bourne Circuit)
Site visit 21.8,2020

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *