This part of Langrick (Langriville, Langrick Ville) is on the south side of the river Witham. With the ferry now gone, it is generally known as Langrick Bridge.
The first ‘chapel’ here seems to have been a granary attached to a private dwelling. The owner was probably Mary Brown Barnsdale of Langrick Ferry, a devout Wesleyan and altruist. Following her death (1860) a small chapel was built on Langrick Road.
In 1868 the present edifice was erected on the opposite side of the road. Mrs Fountain of Boston laid the foundation stone on 11th June, with the opening taking place on 10th September. Lee & Son of Freiston designed and constructed the building which had a recorded seating capacity of 152. For many years the former chapel was retained as a Sunday school.
Circuits: Boston Wesleyan; and Boston Centenary Methodist post union.
It had closed by 1990 and was advertised for sale in 1993. The datestone remains in situ although badly weathered.
Uninhabited, and with little apparent alteration, this is perhaps one of the most viewed redundant chapels in Lincolnshire. It stands only a few feet from where traffic crosses the bridge, with constant stopping and starting at the lights directly outside the building.
Census of Religious Worship 1851 (Lincs): Edited RW Ambler 1979
Wesleyan Returns of Accommodation 1873
Boston Target 31st January 1993