Whixall has two former Wesleyan Methodist chapels opposite each other on Chapel Lane. The earlier Whixall Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was opened in Chapel Lane in 1859 In 2005 the building was in commercial us, was offered for sale in 2009 and by 2018 had been converted to residential use.
This chapel was replaced by a later chapel in 1875. The chapel was converted to residential use after it was sold in 1995.
Grid ref 1859 chapel: SJ 487343 Chapel Lane SY13 2QG
Grid ref 1875 chapel: SJ 487343