Whitchurch Wesleyan Methodist chapel
The former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, in St. Mary’s Street, Whitchurch was built in 1809-10 at a cost of £1,912, and opened on the 8th July 1810. It was replaced by a new, gothic chapel erected in St. John’s Street in 1879. The original building was used as Whitchurch’s main post office for a while, but by 2002 was used as Whitchurch Heritage Centre which it still is in 2020.
The replacement St. John’s Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Whitchurch was dedicated at the opening services on 24th April 1879. This chapel has a nave and transept, and a clock tower with a spire 100 ft. high. It is still in use as Whitchurch Methodist chapel in 2020.
Grid ref: 1809 chapel SJ 542416
Grid ref: 1879 chapel SJ 544417.