The first Dawley Wesleyan Methodist chapel was opened on High Street in 1819, but was replaced in 1860 by a larger Wesleyan chapel on the same site. When the different strands of Methodism came together after 1932, this was the building they used. In time it became known as the Central Methodist Church.
Because of fears for its structural safety, the building was demolished in the late 1970s. On the site now is the Dawley Christian Centre (High St, Telford TF4 2EX).