Skip to content
My Wesleyan Methodiﬆs
Sharing stories, photos, memories and research
Add your story
You are here:
See what's new
See what's new
Burton on the Wolds
Burton is on the north Leicestershire Wolds, about 4 miles east of Loughborough. In 1930 it was reported that “It ...
Hathern, Dovecote Street
A society at Hathern appears in the June 1780 accounts of the Leicester and Nottingham Circuit, according to Richardson, and ...
Hoton is just outside Loughborough. John Wesley visited the home of a local farmer, John Angrave, in August 1770 and ...
Upwell Wesleyan Methodist chapel
Upwell Wesleyan Methodist chapel in Town Street, Upwell PE14 9DF dates from 1888. By the time of Keith Guyler’s picture in ...
Sutton Bonington, Nottinghamshire
The first Wesleyan Methodist chapel in Sutton Bonington was opened in 1796, and enlarged and reopened on 31st August 1828. ...
Brough Methodist Church, pictured, was built on High Street as a Wesleyan Methodist chapel in 1905, and is still open ...
Bath Oldfield Park Wesleyan Methodist Church
Triangle West, Oldfield Park BATH BA2 3JA
Willoughby on the Wolds Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Nottinghamshire
Willoughby on the Wolds used to have both Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels. The Wesleyan society first met in Mr. ...
Wysall Wesleyan Methodist chapel
Methodism appears to have entered Wysall about 1787, the members meeting in the cottages of Mary Harrison in Costock Lane ...
East Leake, Nottinghamshire
The first Wesleyan Methodist chapel in East Leake was built in 1794, according to Myles, or 1798, on land given ...
Normanton on Soar Wesleyan chapel
The story of Wesleyan Methodism in Normanton on Soar started with services being held here in the houses of Mr. ...
Although the site of the Wesleyan chapel in Costock, Nottinghamshire is known, no trace can now be found. “Mr. Paling’s farmhouse ...
Sutton Coldfield, Four Oaks, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Warwickshire
Four Oaks, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel is a stone built structure situated in a prominent position on rising ground at the ...
Birmingham, Erdington, Station Street, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Warwickshire
Erdington, Station Street, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel premises were built in stages from 1869. The first two structures on the site ...
Northampton Queens Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Northamptonshire
At first the Wesleyans of Queens Road used a room in Newtown Road. After various moves they settled in a ...
Northampton Stimpson Avenue Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Northamptonshire
Stimpson Avenue Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1899/1900 and opened on 1 November. In 1940 there were sittings for ...
Wesleyan Historic Roll volume 50 Scotland & Foreign Districts
Wesleyan Historic Roll volume 49 Carlisle District
Wesleyan Historic Roll volume 48 Newcastle Upon Tyne District
Wesleyan Historic Roll volume 47 Newcastle Upon Tyne District
Wesleyan Historic Roll volume 46 Whitby & Darlington District
Wesleyan Historic Roll volume 45 Whitby & Darlington District
Wesleyan Historic Roll volume 44 York District
Wesleyan Historic Roll volume 38 Sheffield District
See latest comments
You can also see a list of the latest comments added to the site.
View latest comments