Skip to content
My Wesleyan Methodiﬆs
Sharing stories, photos, memories and research
Add your story
You are here:
See what's new
See what's new
Chester, City Road Wesleyan chapel
The building illustrated was built in 1872 and demolished in 1982. Built to seat 672, at the time of the 1940 ...
Denton Wesleyan Chapel
The building illustrated was designed by George B. Ford of Burslem, and built in 1871. At the time of the 1940 ...
Woolstanwood, Coppenhall Lane Wesleyan
The building illustrated was designed by George B. Ford of Burslem, and built in 1870. Originally seating 240, at the time ...
Thurmaston, Melton Road, Emmanuel Wesleyan Chapel, Leicestershire Grid ref SK609094
It is difficult to make sense of the history of this building. Both the ecclesiastical census of 1851 and the ...
Knutsford Wesleyan Chapel and School
The buildings illustrated were designed by T. Read Clements of Knutsford. The seating capacity of the chapel was given in the ...
Runcorn, St. Paul's Wesleyan
This fine Italianate building was demolished when the town was redeveloped in 1969. Only the railings survive, and they are ...
Alsager, Wesley Place
The building illustrated was designed by George B. Ford of Burslem, and built in 1869. In this case, the Wesleyan ...
Cheadle Hulme: Wesley, Chapel Street
The building illustrated was designed by Henry Fuller. The seating capacity of the chapel was given in the 1873 and 1940 ...
Skewen Chapel, Glamorgan
This chapel was Wesley, Skewen, in the Neath and Port Talbot Circuit. It was designed by W.H. Gould of Ilfracombe, ...
Welshpool, High Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
The building illustrated here is still in use, and was built in 1864. The architects was George Bidlake of Wolverhampton. Designed to ...
Matlock Bath Wesleyan Methodist chapel
The chapel on North Parade, illustrated here in 1866, is now a listed building, although it closed for worship in ...
Melbourne Wesleyan Methodist chapel
The building illustrated here is still in use, and was the third chapel on the site in Church Street, Melbourne, ...
The chapel in the classical style illustrated here was the third on the site. In 1873 the seating was calculated ...
Conway English Wesleyan Chapel
The chapel illustrated here is St. John’s, Rose Hill Street. It was designed by Robert Curwen, who had an extensive ...
Conway Road Wesleyan Chapel, Canton, Cardiff
The chapel illustrated here was built in 1869, to designs by Habershon and Pite, who were a major architectural practice ...
Roath Road Wesleyan Chapel, Cardiff
The first chapel on this site was built in 1860, but the one illustrated here was built in 1872, to ...
Knighton Wesleyan Chapel
The building illustrated no longer exists, having been built in West Street, Knighton in 1869. The architects, Wilson and Willcox, had ...
Aberystwyth English Wesleyan Chapel
The building illustrated was Wesley Chapel, Queens’ Road, Aberystwyth. The architect was Mr. Spaull of Oswestry. The chapel was a listed building, ...
Carlisle, Caldewgate Wesleyan Chapel
The building illustrated was the Wesleyan chapel in Caldewgate, which no longer exists. Designed to seat 350 in 1865, it was ...
Southsea Wesleyan Methodist chapel
The building illustrated was built in 1878, to designs by Alexander Lauder, but is no longer open for worship, having ...
Fairfield Chapel, Buxton Circuit
The small chapel illustrated here was the second Wesleyan chapel in Fairfield and seated 216. It was replaced by a ...
Hucknall, Wesley Chapel Watnell Street
The first Wesleyan chapel in Hucknall was built in 1846, in Chapel Street. The building illustrated was designed by John Wills ...
East Cowes: Adelaide Grove Wesleyan chapel
The building illustrated was designed by George B. Ford of Burslem, and built on Adelaide Grove in 1878. At the time ...
St. Aubin, and Seaton Place St. Helier Wesleyan chapels. Jersey
These two buildings were both built on Jersey in 1868. St. Aubin Wesleyan chapel opened on 19th August, 1868. It was ...
See latest comments
You can also see a list of the latest comments added to the site.
View latest comments