Skip to content
My Wesleyan Methodiﬆs
Sharing stories, photos, memories and research
Add your story
You are here:
See what's new
See what's new
Broughton Moor, Wyndham Row WM Rented Preaching Place, Cumberland
The first Wesleyan place of worship in Broughton Moor stood on the land northwest of the crossroads. It was a ...
Aspatria WM Chapel, Cumberland
Aspatria Chapel was built in 1899 when it was valued at £700. Plans for the installation of a heating chamber ...
Beckfoot WM rented preaching place, Cumberland
Beckfoot preaching place provided 40 sittings in 1873 Sources Wesleyan seating returns, 187
Bothel WM Chapel, Cumberland
Grid ref NY182389
Moorhouse WM preaching place, Cumberland
Services were held in the former Friends Meeting House. It was closed on 13 June 1960 due to a decline ...
Thurstonfield WM Chapel, Cumberland
Grid Ref NY318566
Farlam Hall WM preaching place
Services were being held at Farlam Hall in 1851. It provided 60 free seats. Sources The National Archives HO129/566/2/8
Forest Head WM preaching place, Cumberland
In 1851 services were being held in a shared building which had free seating for 60. Sources The National Archives HO129/566/1/8)
Hayton WM rented preaching place, Cumberland
Hayton WM rented preaching place had seating for 58 in 1851 and 60 in 1873. Sources The National Archives HO129/566/1/6 Wesleyan seating returns, ...
Hayton, Croft House WM rented preaching place, Cumberland
In 1851 services were being held in this shared building which provided 40 free sittings. Sources The National Archives HO129/566/1/9
Warwick Bridge, Beck Grange WM preaching place, Cumberland
It was built at an unspecified date and in 1851 it was used as a day school as well as ...
Carlisle, Fisher Street WM Central Hall, Cumberland
Proposals for the construction of a mission hall in the Fisher Street site at a cost of £21,000 were approved ...
Durdar WM rented preaching place, Cumberland
In 1873 it had 160 sittings. It probably closed when Stoneraise Chapel was opened. Sources Wesleyan seating returns 1873
Houghton WM Chapel, Cumberland
The chapel was a former warehouse built of brick in 1893. In 1940 the chapel had 80 sittings on forms ...
Low Hesket WM Chapel, Cumberland
Grid Ref NY467461
Low Hesket WM rented preaching place, Cumberland
In 1851 part of a larger building was being used. It had 45 free sittings. The building was above a ...
Rev. Benjamin Heseltine
Carlisle, Fisher Street WM Chapels, Cumberland
The first chapel in Fisher Street was occupied by the Wesleyans from 1786 to 1817 and subsequently let to the ...
Wesleyan Methodist Student Ministers died in War Service 1916-17
Reginald Frank Letty – Service No 6027He was born in Harlesden, Middlesex c1894, the son of William and Susan Letty. ...
Bentley Cooke Street Wesleyan Methodist chapel
Keith Guyler’s exceptional collection of pictures of chapels which were formerly Primitive Methodist includes one labelled Cooke Street, Bentley. Thanks ...
First Sunday School in Accrington
Fenton WM Chapel, Cumberland
Grid ref NY 502561
Gilsland, Mumpshill WM Chapel, Cumberland
Grid ref NY633664
Roweltown WM Chapel, Cumberland
Grid Ref NY 494716
See latest comments
You can also see a list of the latest comments added to the site.
View latest comments