Skip to content
My Wesleyan Methodiﬆs
Sharing stories, photos, memories and research
Add your story
You are here:
See what's new
See what's new
The chapel in the classical style illustrated here was the third on the site. In 1873 the seating was calculated ...
Conway English Wesleyan Chapel
The chapel illustrated here is St. John’s, Rose Hill Street. It was designed by Robert Curwen, who had an extensive ...
Conway Road Wesleyan Chapel, Canton, Cardiff
The chapel illustrated here was built in 1869, to designs by Habershon and Pite, who were a major architectural practice ...
Roath Road Wesleyan Chapel, Cardiff
The first chapel on this site was built in 1860, but the one illustrated here was built in 1872, to ...
Knighton Wesleyan Chapel
The building illustrated no longer exists, having been built in West Street, Knighton in 1869. The architects, Wilson and Willcox, had ...
Aberystwyth English Wesleyan Chapel
The building illustrated was Wesley Chapel, Queens’ Road, Aberystwyth. The architect was Mr. Spaull of Oswestry. The chapel was a listed building, ...
Carlisle, Caldewgate Wesleyan Chapel
The building illustrated was the Wesleyan chapel in Caldewgate, which no longer exists. Designed to seat 350 in 1865, it was ...
Southsea Wesleyan Methodist chapel
The building illustrated was built in 1878, to designs by Alexander Lauder, but is no longer open for worship, having ...
Fairfield Chapel, Buxton Circuit
The small chapel illustrated here was the second Wesleyan chapel in Fairfield and seated 216. It was replaced by a ...
Hucknall, Wesley Chapel Watnell Street
The first Wesleyan chapel in Hucknall was built in 1846, in Chapel Street. The building illustrated was designed by John Wills ...
East Cowes: Adelaide Grove Wesleyan chapel
The building illustrated was designed by George B. Ford of Burslem, and built on Adelaide Grove in 1878. At the time ...
St. Aubin, and Seaton Place St. Helier Wesleyan chapels. Jersey
These two buildings were both built on Jersey in 1868. St. Aubin Wesleyan chapel opened on 19th August, 1868. It was ...
Reverend Thomas Jackson, President of the Wesleyan Methodist Conference in 1838
JACKSON, THOMAS (1783–1873), Wesleyan minister, born at Sancton, a small village near Market Weighton, East Yorkshire, on 12 Dec. 1783, ...
Sacrifice in Sierra Leone
From The Annals of Trawden Forest (page 14): “The first member of the Trawden Society to enter the ranks of ...
Husbands Bosworth Wesleyan rented preaching place
Husbands Bosworth rented preaching place was built in 1808. In 1851 it had seventy free and thirty other sittings. In ...
Mowsley Wesleyan rented preaching place(s), Leicestershire
In 1851 a dwelling house seating thirty was being used. In 1873 there was seating for 40 people. Sources TNA HO129.409.1.5.8 Ecclesiastical ...
Irthlingborough, College Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Northamptonshire
Irthlingborough, College Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1897 at a cost of £2380. It seated 600. In 1940 ...
Kettering, Rockingham Road/Regent Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Northamptonshire
Rockingham Road/Regent Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in three stages. First came the small “Wesleyan School Chapel” of 1879. ...
Irthlingborough, High Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Northamptonshire
Irthlingborough, High Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1865. In 1873 there was seating for 348 people. It probably ...
Higham Ferrers, High Street, Hope Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Northamptonshire
Higham Ferrers, High Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was probably built around 1900. In 1940 it seated 571 persons in pews ...
Higham Ferrers, Linnets Lane Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Northamptonshire
Higham Ferrers, Linnets Lane Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1800. In 1851 it provided 105 free and 304 other ...
Leicester, Bishop Street Wesleyan Schools, Leicestershire
Schools were erected on a site east of the chapel in 1873. See www.mywesleyanmethodists.org.uk/content/chapels/leicestershire/leicester_bishop_street_wm_chapel_leicestershire . The building fronting on Bishop street had a central ...
Wesleyan Preachers' Plan for the Loughborough Circuit 1845
Maidstone, Tunbridge Road
The main Wesleyan Methodist chapel in Maidstone was built in Union Street in 1810, but by 1882 the town could ...
See latest comments
You can also see a list of the latest comments added to the site.
View latest comments