Although the site of the Wesleyan chapel in Costock, Nottinghamshire is known, no trace can now be found.
“Mr. Paling’s farmhouse (now owned by Mr. Keyworth) was the scene of the early Methodist fellowship in this village, and through his efforts the present chapel was erected in 1828 on a piece of land let on long lease, and the Centenary was duly celebrated in 1928. This was the only leasehold property in the Circuit, but towards the end of the term negotiations were entered into with the freeholder, General Bagnall-Wild for the purchase of the freehold, and ultimately, in 1925, this was effected.” 
S. Woodroffe, the Steward, submitted the return in 1851 stating that there were 78 free and 42 other spaces, and that on 30th March 1851 the afternoon congregation was 45, and the evening one was 105.
The seating reported varied. In 1873 there were 152 seats, 80 in 1940, and 100 in 1970.
Membership of the chapel was a much lower figure, and it closed in 1972 with a membership of sixteen, with the officers having been in post for at least the previous twenty years.
Grid reference SK575265
 Loughborough Wesleyan Methodist Circuit. Notes respecting chapels, schools and other trust properties … presented to the Quarterly Meeting held on Saturday, 15th March, 1930
1851 Religious census
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947
Statistical returns 1970. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1972