Kinoulton Wesleyan preaching place was built in 1831 application having been made to the Chapel Committee for permission to build a chapel on rented land. The chapel was to measure 28½ feet by 19½ feet. The ground rent was 5/- a year and construction costs £125. By 1860 the original building and subsequent extensions and alterations had cost £125. In 1873 it seated 80 and in 18789 it was replaced by a new chapel.
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD58 Register of applications to the Chapels Committee for permission to build, extend or sell Chapels, 1817 – 1833, No 765
Leicestershire Record Office, N/M/NDD 1-15, Annual trust returns, Nottingham and Derby District 1860-1878
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit 1873/499
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/694 (Melton Mowbray Circuit)