Methodism appears to have entered Wysall about 1787, the members meeting in the cottages of Mary Harrison in Costock Lane until 1808, and then the Cox family in Baldock’s Yard. They then met in Smalley’s Yard until they were able to build a chapel on Widmerpool Road in 1825, which was duly registered for worship, and opened on Friday 9th and Sunday 11th September 1825. It was 24 feet by 27 feet, and cost £130. The building still existed in 1981, and is shown in the drawing. The membership then was 32.
In 1851 there were 70 free spaces and 40 others. On March 31st, two services were held. In the afternoon there were 45 adult worshippers and a Sunday School of 25. In the evening, 76 attended. The census return was signed by John Baldcock, Steward, who was one of the original trustees, a framework knitter and farmer. The seating in 1873 was estimated at 115.
The chapel was replaced in 1881, on the same site, with the building pictured. The cost was £500, and the members paid off the debt within a year.  In 1940 the seating was stated as being 70, but in 1970 a figure of 103 was recorded. They were given land for a schoolroom in 1916, which was built in 1919.
The village remained agricultural, and the chapel was served by generations of the same farming families: five generations of the Derrick family, Emmerson, Eggleston.
The chapel was in the Melton Mowbray Circuit from 1808 until 1907, then in Loughborough.
In 2004 structural damage to the roof was discovered, and the membership of 20 felt they could not resource repairs. Following a time in the village hall, the cause closed in 2006
Grid reference SK604273
 Richardson, S.Y. Bright Hope: Methodism in Loughborough 1. Heritage vol 7, no.4 August 2006 p 20
 Richardson, S.Y. Bright Hope: Methodism in Loughborough 5. Heritage vol 9, no.1 February 2008 p. 51
 Loughborough Wesleyan Methodist Circuit. Notes respecting chapels, schools and other trust properties … presented to the Quarterly Meeting held on Saturday, 15th March, 1930
Nottinghamshire Record Office. C/QDR/2/10
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947
Statistical returns 1970. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1972
The Methodist Church Wysall 1881-1981