Kinoulton Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (ii), Nottinghamshire

Kinoulton Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1879. The reported seating accommodation provided by this building fluctuated widely, from 180 in 1881 to 130 in 1911. In 1940 the chapel measured 36 feet by 26 feet and seated 120 in pews. There was also a hall roughly 23 feet by 17 feet but no other buildings.
The chapel stood side on to the road on the south side of the village street, towards the east end. The old vicarage was adjacent to the west. (Landranger 129 SK679308)

Sources
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit 1873/499, 1881/565, 1891/612, 1901/625, 1911/591, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/694 (Melton Mowbray Circuit)

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *