The building illustrated was built on Staines Road East in 1865, providing a home for a congregation who had been meeting since 1790.
The architect, Elijah Hoole (1838-1912) was the son of the Rev. Elijah Hoole, General Secretary of the Wesleyan Methodist Missionary Society, and he was also responsible for the design of Wesleyan chapels in Canada, and in Belize.
At the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 177. It is still in use as a Methodist church.
Grid Ref: TQ106700
Reference: The eleventh annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1865 page 110
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947